|Bence Mélykúti||Twitter | Blog | Personal pages | Magyar|
|ben-tse may-koo-ty, | Email: | LaTeX: M\'elyk\'uti|
Currently, I'm looking for a new job where I can use the breadth of my skills and knowledge to the greatest extent, and where my work has the greatest utility, be it in fundamental research or through employment in the life sciences, in financial services or in engineering.
The interfaces of mathematical (esp. probabilistic) modelling, stochastic processes, chemical reaction kinetics, systems biology, control theory, operations research. I seek novel possibilities how these can be applied to develop quantitative methods for research in the life sciences. I'm also interested in making a positive societal impact with my research, and I'm open to being contacted with interesting project ideas for consultation.
- I was based at the Centre for Biological Systems Analysis (ZBSA) and tangentially at the Department of Mathematical Stochastics, both at the University of Freiburg, Germany. My host was Prof. Peter Pfaffelhuber.
- In Freiburg, I was most recently an AXA Research Fund postdoctoral fellow.
- I was visiting the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK, from January until June 2016. (Even in this period, the AXA Research Fund fellowship provided my income.)
- I came to Freiburg with a Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
- Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara. I worked with Profs. Mustafa Khammash (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering) and João P. Hespanha (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering).
- I defended my doctoral thesis in January 2011 at the University of Oxford, UK. I was with the Department of Statistics and the Life Sciences Interface Doctoral Training Centre as a member of Keble College. I worked under the supervision of Prof. Alison Etheridge (Dept. of Statistics) and Dr. Antonis Papachristodoulou (Control Group, Dept. of Engineering Science).
- I have an MSc degree (incl. undergrad studies) in mathematics from the Mathematical Institute of the Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest, Hungary.